Saturday, July 18, 2009

Back to the future

I am back in Bangalore to build a future and this explains the corny title. Another contender was: B2B signifying Bombay to Bangalore (to study things like B2B). So, what have I been upto?
May 1 - June 4: Spent finishing off DDP...most taxing and productive (:P) month of my life...too busy to blog
June 5 - June 21: A well deserved break at home...too disinclined to blog
June 22 onwards: Too busy to even sleep! Four weeks in the hallowed portals of IIMB (yeah it's a cliche)...been quite an experience. Some recollection:
  1. Had a SPIC-MACAY concert by some IIMB alumnus, Manasi Prasad, who left corporate life for her love towards Carnatic Music. Came back totally inspired. She gave an awesome quote --- Manasi (addressing the junta): You might as well think, "What am I doing here? Where is my Mettalica, Nirvana, RHCP." I would say, it is a part of your growing up. You learn to prefer classical to hard rock; wine to whiskey...so much for the fans of hard rock :D
  2. Met Nandan Nilekeni and talked to him one on one. Fine, it was a seminar and I asked him some question which he answered. Nevertheless, it was too big a high. I think my heart pumped faster than it would have, had I ran a 100m sprint. The question and the answer really did not matter but I wanted to talk to him...repeated the question in my mind with the exact words some dozen times before I spurted it out.
  3. Over here, life is hectic, food is good, DC sucks and net speed is pathetic and swimming pool is missing.
The IITB connection
  1. Had an IITB meet (PGP1s and PGP2s) last weekend...it was fun...hostel clashes, freshies, H10, PAFs, DC, BB, DOSA, Shack...chamakna, scope, daya, daya max, pain, nabad, junta, fart, RG. Why everyone thinks H-3 had good food...it didn't, I am a testimony to that. 
  2. RG is now much more prevalent (from what I have heard)
  3. SAC is now Students' Affairs Council. I still miss Students' Activity Center.
  4. During the first week, a fellow (and we had never met before) asked me if I am from IIT Bombay. He figured it out by my frequent usage of pain. He is from IITD.
  5. Everytime I enter through the maingate, I have this inherent urge to scream out the password to the watchman. However, I constrain myself. Yesterday, when I was coming back, I was praying that he would stop me. Felt very happy on saying student...yippeee :)
  6. The lingo here is very underdeveloped. I sense an opportunity here to IITBize this place :P
PS: I am very happy for my new cell number, 99-8-65-8-99-65..scavenged through some fifty numbers to spot it.

4 comments:

  1. good going .. not sure though how many of those will be able to write owing to the scehdule there.

    Aur haan yaar ... do some IIT giri there also

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am very happy for my new cell number, 99-8-65-8-99-65..scavenged through some fifty numbers to spot it."
    YOU FREAK :P:P
    Don't know how you dig out happiness in such small things
    waise nice update post. Be regular with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sahi chal rahi hai life! Keep going ... and will follow the blog more regularly, sorry is baar dekha hi nahi tune post daalte hi. Keep those updates coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Manpreet, trying hard to make IITB proud

    @ Golani, happiness lies within (unsolicited gyaan :P)

    @ Sangram, you did not notice coz I did not promote it like I always do...did not work out fine.... next time, gonna be as pushy as I generally am :D

    ReplyDelete